Penis Facts, Physiology and Anatomy
We play with it, we pride ourselves on it and now we’re making it bigger, so maybe we should know a thing or two about our penis and how it works. To learn how to make it bigger ready my PE Bible review.
Let’s get the obvious out of the way. It’s smaller when flaccid and bigger when erect. There is no correlation between how big a flaccid penis will grow. Growers and showers are a very real thing and a 2-inch penis when flaccid can grow 5 additional inches when erect to make an above average 7+ inch penis. While some other men may only grow another 2 inches from soft to hard. It depends on a number of factors including circulation, height and weight etc. Needless to say men with image issues or penis envy typically have very little too concerned with.
Regarding penile anatomy, there are 3 main parts to the human male reproductive organ:
- The root – Your penis actually starts in the caudal border of a pelvic ischial arch, which is where your pubic bones come together. The root is attached to the bulb of penis and lies inside of the perineal pouch.
- The body – This is what you see and most men consider their actual penis. The part that extends from the root and makes up the shaft, skin, foreskin, and the prenuptial mucosa inside of your glans. The shaft is made up of three columns of spongy tissues – corpora cavernosa on its dorsal sides and corpus spongiosum on its ventral side.
- The glans – AKA the head of the penis . The underside of the glans is called the frenulum, and its round base is called the corona. The perineal raphe is the line that runs along the bottom of it. On its tip is located the opening of a urethra (AKA the meatusas well).
How Erections Work
You get turned on and you get hard. Sometimes you just get hard for no reason. Here’s how it works:
- Upon arousal, blood rushes into the Corpora Cavernosa from the Cavernous artery. Blood fills up the expanded Sinusoids and the artery closes to keep the blood in.
- The whole process is set up for penetration and intercourse.
- During an erection, the skin around the shaft and head of the penis thins as it expands causing increased sensitivity.
11 Facts About Your Penis You Probably Didn’t Know
Fact #1 – Your penis can grow 7 times its flaccid length.
Fact #2 – Most dicks point up when hard, but there’s no set rule. Some point forward, to the side and even downwards. This can be perfectly natural.
Fact #3 – The penis is capable of multiple orgasms. The average penis can ejaculate 4 times in a row. *I’ll have to get on that.*
Fact #4 – 95% of women are satisfied and can achieve orgasm with a penis of 6 inches in length and 5.5 inches of girth.
Fact #5 – Humans have the largest penis when compared to other primates!
Fact #6 – Foreskin can actually be used as suitable skin grafts for burn victims. One foreskin can (seriously) provide four acres worth of skin grafts.
Fact #7 – The world record for largest penis stands at 14 inches. It belongs to Jonah Falcon of New York.
Fact #8 – Babies get erections in the womb.
Fact #9 – There is a rare condition known as diphallia where a person can have two functional penises. Double the fun…or just super awkward?
Fact #10 – Circumcision gained popularity in the United States during the 19th century to help stop masturbation. How lame is that? So stop it already.
Fact #11 – Be careful, would you? You can actually break your penis. It normally happens as a result from trauma during rough sex. If it happens it requires immediate medical attention.